Search This Blog

Saturday, 2 November 2013

Cheering You Up/October Favourites

Howdy y'all! Today has been such a great day and hopefully I can embark some of my happiness with you all. An extra fact about me is that I love Youtube. I love the videos, the people and the community within the whole website. Not to mention some of the comments people leave on videos are pretty funny. And like pretty much every other teenage girl, I have quite a massive love towards the 'British Youtube Gang' as I like to call them. One of the gang members, Louise has a little child called Darcy, who is possibly one of the cutest things.  (I realise that I just made it sound like Louise is in some kind of dark, mysterious mafia gang that sells unmentionable things and plays poker games while smoking cigars, but far from it in fact.) While I was having a Darcy marathon, I came across this video, which made me so unbelievably content just by watching it:


Is Darcy not the most precious thing? Okay, I promise this post won't be my female hormones fangirling over Baby Glitter, as she is otherwise known. I decided/reminded myself that after that video put me in such cheerful state of mind that laughing is probably one of the most important things to experience in life. So today, as I mentioned before, I want to spread some of this sunshine with you all. Therefore, here's a short little list to lift up your mood if you're feeling a bit under the weather. I guess maybe you could even call it my October Favourites of things I've been loving this past month.

 
1. This video. It's just brilliant. I had to stop it because I was laughing so hard. I won't deny that this is my number 1 feel good video. The saxophone one is pretty special too.
 
 
2. Make Up Products. This one is probably just for girls, or guys if you have makeup too, but I love the sound of makeup products touching each other. If you don't have a lot of makeup or you haven't experienced the sound, just type in "Make-Up Collection" and enjoy the videos on YouTube to your heart's content.
 
 
 
3. This scene from 21 Jump Street. I love this movie so much. Channing Tatum + Jonah Hill. What more could you ask for? And I crack up every time Daxflame (the guy with curly hair) says: "H2O, H2O..." in that way. I highly recommend watching this movie. Although not with your parents, unless they're quite liberal, as there is a fair amount of swearing.
 
 
In addition, just watching any of your favourite movies is guaranteed to turn that frown upside down. Others from my own collection include; Confessions of a Shopaholic & The Devil Wears Prada (or any other fashion/journalism movie) Grown Ups, Tangled and I especially like old Disney movies like Finding Nemo. It makes me so nostalgic but at the same time it brings me back to my very happy childhood.
 
4. Reading. Reading brings you to another world and helps you forget about your troubles. While characters are relatable, sometimes you forget that while you're immersed in their world and so in a way you take a journey with the characters. You don't have to read anything extremely intellectual, ie. Great Expectation or Pride and Prejudice, unless you want to of course. Currently, I'm loving anything by Sophie Kinsella. I think her and I are secretly long-lost best friends.
 
 
5. Getting an unexpected compliment. It's the best feeling in the world when someone compliments you and you don't expect it. Yes, a compliment is nice when you've done your hair in a nice way or you're wearing a new lipstick but when you've done nothing special at all and you're just doing your own thing and someone compliments you - that's when it feels the best. It just brightens up you're day. So, in the words of Joey Tribbiani, How you doin'?
 
So there it is! My October Favourites! I hope if you're not feeling that great you have at least smiled or smirked at something stupid I've written. Remember; it takes more muscles to frown than to smile. Sorry, I apologise if I sound a bit like your mother/great-aunt/some other female relative. Thanks for reading!
 
♥ Jess ♥
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment: