Search This Blog

Sunday, 13 October 2013

Friendships

Bonjour! Ça va? I know, I know - where've you been, Jess? Things have been very crazy and hectic lately, academically and personally (? not sure if that was the right word to use...)Basically, I meant my personal life. As all of you are well aware I do share a lot of my thoughts and feelings with you since this is pretty much anonymous. So for anybody who is even remotely interested in my personal life, hope you like this one!

I've always had a bit of a complex with certain people. I won't go into too much detail on the whole subject of friendship, but I thought I'd rather focus on a certain aspect of this art. Besides my whole bullying story, I think one of the other things I've experienced (as of recently) is a certain amount of drama with certain people. Like I mentioned in my "Basements & Balconies" post, it may take a while for you to realise who is good for you and who isn't. That's nothing to be ashamed of, it's just part of life. But there comes a time when you do realise it and it is best to stay away. So today, I'm going to tell you a story:

I realised one of my "friends" was a basement person a while ago but as a forgiving person, I wanted to give her another chance. But as I've learnt, you should forgive and forget as soon as possible. This person was honestly one of the worst kinds of people you can have in your life. She was awful, manipulative and despicable - she was the kind of person who was nice to your face but sinful behind your back. I won't name her (I'm not the kind of person to do that) but also I think if I'm doing this anonymously it represents a whole demographic of people who are like this. For now, let's just call her Flimsy because she is flimsy as a friend, I guess.  Don't hate, I'm just trying to make this easier to understand and maybe make you laugh.

Flimsy and I were friends a couple years ago. Quite close. Almost best friends I'd say. I'm not sure exactly what happened to us but we started to drift apart and for the past few months she has changed completely. Before she was down-to-earth, friendly and I guess I respected her. However now I see her in a different light. It just shows that you have to really be prepared that some people are flimsy and aren't important for you to waste your time on.

Anyway, when Flimsy and I were close I told her some personal stuff about me and made her PROMISE not to tell. Yet a few weeks ago I found out she told my secrets to other people. That was one of the major turning points in our relationship. I mean we did have tension and awkwardness between us but that was the point where I fully realised what kind of a person she is.

"IF YOU WERE STABBED IN THE BACK, IT MEANS YOU WERE AHEAD IN THE FIRST PLACE."

 

I guess that just shows what kind of person "Flimsy" is. And let me just say;

1) If you are a "Flimsy", just STOP. It's not nice and people don't appreciate. You aren't gaining or helping in anyway so be a good friend to someone else and just move on.
2) If there's a "Flimsy" in your life, think about whether or not they really are worth your energy. It's completely up to you if you want to forgive them and move past any issues. But when the time comes that you just don't want to deal with this situation anymore, maybe it's best if you forgive and forget.



So why am I telling you this? I think it's important to learn who to trust and how to cope, so by sharing my story maybe you can learn a little bit about this craft.
As always, take care my loves! Next post will be better when I'm not annoyed/sad/exhausted. I promise!

♥ Jess ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment: