Search This Blog

Sunday, 8 September 2013

Weekend Challenges

 The challenge: finish all of my homework.

Sound familiar? I don't know what it is, but when I get to the weekend I suddenly go from Thomas Edison to Homer Simpson. What is it about the weekend that makes us so lazy? Is it the fact that we already spent 5 days, full steam ahead, taking on life and we need to recharge? Or is it just old habits popping up again?

 
On Friday, as shattered as I was, I was prepared and in my "Elle Woods" mode to tackle this weekend. However, Friday night consisted of lying on my bed, listening to music and surfing the World Wide Web in my pyjamas. I gave myself the excuse that it was Friday night and I had spent my lunchtime that day studying some Latin. Also, as it turns out, going back to school is a lot harder than I thought.

Saturday was spent with the first 2 1/2 hours of my day at Chinese School. (Woo! Saturday School!) I also decided to try out the GCSE Chinese class. That was a mistake. I had no idea what my teacher was saying and when she wanted me to introduce myself and talk about my holiday for a minute and a half, I spent 95% of the time nodding my head dumbly while she corrected my grammar during the 30 seconds that I actually did speak for. I think I might be returning to the pre-GCSE class instead. And I do actually need to focus on my other GCSEs first. So after that torture, I decided it would be wise for me to relax that afternoon. And so I found myself, 3 hours later, parked in front of the television watching "Mr Bean's Holiday", which my grandparents loved.


The rest of the night was then spent attempting to clean the shack that I call "my room." I say attempting because though it does look neat now, it's really just piles of things I don't need, stacked neatly in a disgruntled order.

So that leaves me here, at my desk on a Sunday morning, trying to figure out where to start. To give you a rough idea of the work I am about to fight:

  • Study for Physics Test
  • Study for Geography Test
  • Revise Biology notes
  • Write an autobiography
  • Think of an artist for the art project
  • Mathematics exercise
  • Write French Oral answers
  • Complete Latin translation
  • Finish Latin work
  • Learn German Vocab

Yeah. I should probably get started now.

And I discovered on Friday, that most of my year has the same English homework as me. We were all moaning about our homework which is how we found out. So that sets another challenge for me. If everyone else has the same homework assignment, how do I make my own interesting enough so it stands out? By the time the teachers get to my piece, they might be bored of reading 50 or so entries. I think really, they're just testing us to see which of us have the ability to "think outside the box" and come up with something new and original. I expect you'll probably find me up at 3 am today, still pondering over this idea. I may as well be an owl since I'm only productive during the night. However social protocol insists that I must be awake during the day so really I'm just an owl that is awake 24/7, but less sleepy in the night.

I'll let you know how it goes. Good luck if any of you are in the same position as me!




Ps. Just checked my stats the other day and I'd like to give a shout out to my readers in the US, Russia, Switzerland, South Africa, The UK, Germany, Netherlands, Czech Republic, The Philippines and India! Hi! Keep passing on this blog to your friends!

♥ Jess ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment: