Search This Blog

Tuesday, 3 September 2013

Sometimes you just need to get things off your chest.

"She'd be prettier is she was skinny."
"She's just a bit too fat."
"I would only think she was pretty if she cleared up her skin."
"You like to eat, don't you?"
"Don't eat so much."
"I'm afraid you might stretch out my clothes."
"You only got 66% on the test?"
"You're not British. You're an illegal citizen."
"That's so Asian."
"You look much prettier in pictures."
"I can't believe you did that."


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes, there are people in your life who make comments. They may not be the kind of things you want to hear. But to anyone reading this; "What gives you the right to make comments about the way I look?" Honestly, think about this question.
We all have flaws. Truth. And I know my own flaws. So why do you feel the need to tell me what I already know? There's a reason they're called flaws - it's because we're insecure about these aspects of ourselves. I just don't see how pointing them out again, makes it any better. It's not going to magically go away nor is it going to help you become any more valiant for pointing it out.
I'm sorry if I do or say something you don't agree with. So what if I embarrass myself?  I'm sorry if I'm crazy. I'm sorry if I'm not the best looking person you know. I'm sorry if I eat all the time. But most of all, I'm sorry I'm not sorry for all of those things. That's just who I am.

So my message today is: if someone is constantly telling you things you don't want to hear, tell them to stop. Or just walk away if they try and bring it up. You don't need to hear what you already know about yourself. And if you'd like, leave me a message and you can talk to me. I promise. I know what it's like to have someone you really care about throw hurtful comments at you that leave you feeling...for lack of a better word...shit. And the worst thing is that no matter how that person compliments you in the future, you can never forget their words. You never forget the words that accidentally slip out of someone's mouth. So if you've been put down by someone and just need a chat - I'm always here.

And to EVERYONE: I know this may sound like something you hear in pre-school/kindergarten, but please, just think about what you are going to say, before you say it. What is the point in saying that statement to a person?

Since I've been a bit of a downer lately, I promise that my next three blog posts will be something that's more along my style line. Hopefully, I can make you laugh next time!

Take Care!


♥ Jess ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment: