- Find Your Motivation - Consider what you're trying to achieve when you do your work. Is it a step towards your dream of becoming a doctor, writer, lawyer? Or is it just solely so you don't get in trouble with your teacher on Monday? Motivation is one of the most important things in life and it's important to find out what that is for you. Everyone's motivation is different. Be it money, happiness or just really living life to the fullest, it's the key ingredient to a productive life in the long run. Just picture what you really want. Often it's not the actual task that's the most tedious, it's the process of just getting started.
- Reward Yourself - Again, similar to the concept of finding your motivation but this could be something in the short term. For example, "For every piece of homework I finish, I can watch an episode of 'New Girl'". Or even just, "After I finish this, I can eat that bar of Cadbury's". Obviously the main point of this it to help you get your work done, not deprive yourself of food!
- Make Yourself Feel Pretty - This one may be a bit weird, but sometimes if I think I'm having a great skin day and I don't look completely hideous, I'll feel more confident and better while doing my work. There's just something about feeling pretty that boosts your confidence. Maybe it's cause I often pretend I'm in that montage scene in movies. (As mentioned in this blog post) Or maybe if you're not looking too hot, slick on some lipstick and BOOM! Instant confidence!
- The Classic Method - coffee, coffee and more coffee. This method isn't great for you, but if needs be, give it a shot.
- Consider Where You're Sitting - I might be in the right mind set, but because of where I'm sitting and more importantly how, I feel like a sack of potatoes. Your bed might be a really comfy place to park your derrière, but it's not always the most ideal place to work. Or if you're like me, you can work just fine on your bed, but the minute you lean back on a pillow, you can think of nothing but surfing the Internet and a nice, little snooze. Desks are normally best for working, FYI.
- Get Moving - now this method may have a small flaw in it. After all, it does take some actual effort do this one too. This can vary too, though. You don't have to run a marathon, but maybe just a 7 minute toning video on YouTube will do. Alternatively, just walking around in your room or standing up instead of sitting down can automatically boost your energy levels. Try it!
- Just Do It - Once a boy I knew heard me whining about this project I had. He said to me, "Don't do it now. If you don't want to do it now, then just don't do it." I followed that advice for several years but with limited results. Thanks but no thanks for the advice. Now I say, "Just do it. If you don't want to do it now; you're not going to want to do it later so you may as well complete it now." And weirdly enough, this has worked for me the best out of all the techniques I have listed today.
So there it is! My 7 tips to help you achieve your goals or maybe just your Weekend Challenges . As always, keep trying to be the best version of you! Thanks for reading!
Side note: My friend, Gabi, wanted me to write about her. So "Hi, Gabi!"
♥ Jess ♥