Search This Blog

Thursday, 22 August 2013

Sun, Sand & School?

Hello my lovely jubblies! Hope you all are having an amazing summer, refreshing and relaxing by the beach/pool/latest holiday hot spot.

I've been a bit of a bad child and so I haven't written a blog post in a little while. Granted, I have been away for a month but I know, I know...I should really keep up with this blogging thing. So apologies if any of you out there are actually reading this.

Where was I? I hear you ask. Well, I was in the city of love - otherwise known as Paris! However I was not just in Paris to do the normal touristy junk (although there were plenty of sightseeing trips and tourist pictures taken), I was in this amazing city to do some studying.

 



School? In Summer? Yes, when most people think of summer they think of NO school. Well, not me. I was lucky enough this year to be able to have the opportunity to spend a month studying in Paris. For the past 3 years, I have been blessed with the opportunity of going to Summer school. Now I don't go to summer school because I'm bad at school! (At least in my opinion...)

Honestly at first, when my dad suggested I go to summer school for a month, I thought he was doing it because he hated me and he just didn't want me around! Mind you, I was a bit of a rubbish child back then. But now, if you asked me my opinion on the topic of summer schools, I would seize the opportunity within a heartbeat.

The amazing thing about summer schools is the experience. I can whole-heartedly say right now that summer schools have given me the most amazing experiences of my life. They prepare you for everything; they give you independence, make you more intelligent and give you a little taster of university life among many other wonderful side effects.


However, the thing that makes me yearn to go back every single year are the people you meet. There are some absolutely amazing people that you meet from all over the world. I feel lucky enough that I can say that I have friends in Turkey, New York, Lebanon, Charleston, the Dominican Republic, Korea, Canada, France etc. etc. It's not just that though. The people you become friends with, are the best people for you. They make you appreciate your own quirks and flaws and accept other people for their character. It almost seems like a dream the way everyone seemed to just fit together. It didn't matter who you were, you were just accepted.

They make you a better person.

Side note: I am trying so hard to write this without using annoying clichés or cheesy lines from those teenage rom-coms I kill my brain with. I really doubt I've successful with this task.

I guess this is my public thank you to everyone I met at the program. I believe that in the next couple of weeks my dear readers, you shall expect plenty more blog posts about this summer school program.


 



Thank you. Thank you so, so much. I can't properly formulate adequate words to describe how much I wish you all could be with me. Thank you for everything. From late night ice-cream runs to long talks to angry rants about things that were annoying us to taking care of me to Subway runs to letting me steal your food to helping me to burger bars to parties to always dancing and to always making me happy, you are my family. I miss you so much that it hurts and I love you guys (you know who you are) more than anything. Here's to Paris. Here's to Friendship. Here's to us.

À bientôt!

♥ Jess ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment: