Search This Blog

Sunday, 5 May 2013

Dear Saint Anthony...

Saint Anthony, Saint Anthony,
Please come around.
Something has been lost
and it cannot be found.

Poems are not my forté
but maybe this one will make you smile,
but what I'm going to tell you
makes me see myself as truly vile.

Something very dear to me
has unfortunately run away,
but please bring it back to me
to take my pain away.

I don't know if you heard my prayers.
I hope you can see this rhyme.
Agony controls my body
much worse than tasting a lime. 

I wish I was lying
but far from it, sir.
This necklace was given to me,
by my beautiful mother. 

I fear to tell her the truth,
after all where would I start?
But telling her this secret
I know would break her heart.

Her heart would shatter,
and mine would too.
Who could live feeling responsible
for making someone so blue?

It was in her possession
for some thirty years
and now I've lost a piece of her
No one can stop these tears.

How can I have lost it,
after only fifteen years?
To get my necklace back
I'll take all the mocks and jeers.

This is my public apology,
this is my public plea,
I'm writing this from the heart
for you Saint Anthony.

So please Saint Anthony,
please, please come around.
I'm on my knees begging you
to help my necklace be found.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I wish I was lying so, so much when I tell you that yes, I have lost my necklace. I have been praying as often as I can to help find it but unfortunately I haven't had any luck yet. I'm not very good at writing poems but I thought an extra effort was needed for this piece.
Apologies if you're reading this and you're not a religious person, but I felt as if the best way for Saint Anthony to hear me is by a public message.
This necklace was very, very dear to me. It was my mother's necklaace which she received when she was born and she passed it to me when I was born. I wear this necklace everywhere I go as I feel safe when it is on me. My mother is my best friend and I love her with all my heart. The reason I haven't told her of my crime is because I know it will hurt her. If she is angry, I know I can take it but I don't know if I could cope if I'm the one who breaks her heart. I'm not trying to be selfish and trying to find this necklace for myself. I'm trying to get this back that she doesn't ever have to feel pain because of my stupid mistake.
What the necklace looks like: It is a thin gold chain with a small circular gold pendant. On the pendant is a carving of Mother Teresa holding the baby Jesus.
Please, if you're reading this and you can, please, please pray to Saint Anthony to help me find my necklace.
 
Thank you

♥ Jess ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment: