Search This Blog

Sunday, 7 April 2013

Arguments

I have to think of a good idea to write about.
Nah, leave it 'til tomorrow morning. You always get things done anyway.
That's true, but no, I have to get this done now. It's already eleven twenty-seven pm. Concentrate, concentrate..I know! I can write about - I wonder what's for dinner tomorrow. I hope it's a nice, steamed fish. That sounds so - Hey! What are you doing? This is supposed to take forty-five minutes and we haven't started. Okay let's write about a girl who...goes shopping? No that's a horrible idea. You got that right.
Well let's hear your brilliant ideas. Fine then. How about her going...bopping? Dropping? Flopping? Stalking? T-t-talking! She can go talking. There, that was easy.
Yeah. You're such a genius. You know, from now on, don't help me. 
Bossy-boots.
Come on Jess, concentrate.
Maddie crouches behind the dumpster, her eyes darting back and forth watching for some kind of movement. Any shuffle, any rustle, any twitch. Anything. She doesn't breathe. 
Silence. She counts.
One.
Two.
Three - Fear strikes her chest like a cobra strikes a - "Want you to make me feel, like I'm the only girl in the world! Like I'm the only one that you'll ever l -" You are not helping. I'm already stressed out so do you want to fail this homework assignment and get a late slip? Do you want your teacher to remember you giving your homework in late forever and ever for all eternity? Do you want to fail school?
Well? Do you?

Chill, dude. I don't really care; I'm just your subconscious.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This piece was inspired by one that I wrote last year. My main aim of this piece was to make it sound as if it was two separate people having an argument about work at the beginning and at the end make the reader realise it was just one person. If it was evident from the start that it was someone experiencing the "Devil/Angel shoulder," then yay! I did my job pretty well! However you interpret it, is completely up to you! Don't hesitate to leave me any feedback too!


Call me crazy, but these conversations often go on in my head. It's always such a struggle when you get writers' block, so I decided to dedicate this drabble to those difficult times. Deep down, I know you're just as weird as me and you have arguments with yourself sometimes. Right?
Come on, say it with me: " I, (insert name here), sometimes talk to myself."

Or don't. Whatever floats your boat.
Anyway, (getting back on topic) I hope you enjoyed reading my story! Once again, feel free to leave me any feedback!

♥     Jess    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment: